Local Happenings Magazine continues to work hard to help you find the best events in the area and we are now rolling out the 4th Annual Local’s Choice Awards, so that you can help us identify some of the best businesses and people in the area. They then can help all of us with our next Happening.
This is our official announcement of the 4th Annual “Local Happenings Awards.” The award winners will be announced in the February – March 2015 edition.
We are inviting you, the public, to help choose the winners. We have nominated a handful of people and businesses in 12 categories and we are asking you to vote for your favorites or add to our list by nominating your favorite in those categories.
The businesses nominated must be within the bounds of Napa, Solano or Contra Costa counties.
The businesses must have been in business since at least
January 1, 2011 – as most new businesses fail in the first three years, we want to focus on those companies that have withstood the test of time.
The voting and nominations will open up on our website on Saturday, September 1, 2014 and concludes on Sunday, December 8, 2014.
You may cast your vote in the following ways:
Mail: Local Happenings Magazine
207 Wallace Ave., Vallejo, CA 94590
If you fax, e-mail or mail your votes please include your name, address and e-mail address on your entry to be considered a valid entry. We were going to post an official entry form on the web but if you could download the form you could also just vote online – so there is no “official” ballot for votes or nominations.
Please include “Local Happenings Awards” in the subject line of e-mails and at the top of faxes or letters.
Just like in American Idol, you should vote early and often – you may vote once per day for your favorites so make sure to spread the word and help them to get selected!! We look forward to you helping us to select our winners and helping you learn about some of these great businesses and people within our community.
2. Golf Courses
3. Retailers (any type, from car dealers to clothing stores; if they sell product to the general public they would qualify)
5. Personal Service Business (i.e. Hair Salon, Nails, Spa, Massage, etc.)
6. Business Services (Banks, Insurance Companies, Attorneys, etc.)
7. Realtor (Favorite Realtor)
8. Health Care (Doctors, Dentists, Hospitals, Chiropractors, etc.)
9. Children’s Activities (Discovery Kingdom, Jump House Providers, Public Parks, etc.)
10. Animal/Pet Activity/Business/Event (Groomers, Dog Parks, Pet Stores, etc.)
11. Best Customer Service (any Business)
12. Humanitarian – this can be a person, non-profit or a business