Are you ready to vote in our 7th Annual Local Happenings Local’s Choice Awards? Can you believe that it has already been seven years?! We want to help you find the best events in the area, and the Local’s Choice Awards help us identify some of the best businesses and people in the area that will help lead us to find our next local happening!
Vote often! Remember that the award winners will be announced in our February/March 2018 edition.
We are inviting you, the public, to help choose the winners. We have nominated a handful of people and businesses in 12 categories, and we are asking you to vote for your favorites, or add to our list by nominating your personal favorite in any and all categories that you like.
Use the “Nominate your favorites!” button at the top of each category page to add your “Local’s Choice” to the voting page. Complete all nomination form fields and please allow 24 hours for your nomination to appear on the voting page.
– The businesses nominated must be within the bounds of Napa, Solano, or Contra Costa counties.
– The businesses must have opened no later than January 1, 2014—as most new businesses fail in the first three years, we want to focus on those companies that have withstood the test of time.
– The voting and nominations will open up on our website on Friday, September 1, 2017, and conclude on Sunday, December 10, 2017.
You may cast your vote in the following ways:
– E-mail: info@LHMag.com
– Fax: (707) 557-3166 (do you even have a fax machine in your office?)
– Mail: Local Happenings Magazine, 207 Wallace Ave., Vallejo, CA 94590
If you e-mail, fax, or mail your votes, please include your name, address, and e-mail address on your entry to be considered valid. Again, you could also simply vote online at LHMag.com.
In the subject line of e-mails and at the top of faxes or letters, please include “Local Happenings Awards”.
Just like in Chicago of old, you should vote early and often—you may vote once per day for your favorites, so make sure to spread the word to help them get selected. We look forward to helping you learn about some of these great businesses and people within our community after you help us select our winners!
- Golf Courses
- Retailers (any type, from car dealers to clothing stores; if they sell products to the general public, they qualify)
- Personal Service Business (e.g. hair salon, nails, spa, massage, etc.)
- Business Services (banks, insurance companies, attorneys, etc.)
- Realtor (your favorite realtor)
- Healthcare (doctors, dentists, hospitals, chiropractors, etc.)
- Children’s Activities (Discovery Kingdom, jump house providers, public parks, etc.)
- Animal/Pet Activity/Business/Event (groomers, dog parks, pet stores, etc.)
- Best Customer Service (any business)
- Humanitarian (can be a person, non-profit, or a business)